Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My AMAZING Discovery

Okay, so maybe some of you won't find this as AMAZING as I do, but I'm in love with a very silly thing - a cleaning solution. 



Let me give you some back story.....
We moved into our ‘flipped’ house about 7 years ago. It has tiled floors throughout with the exception of the bedrooms. They started out pretty enough, but apparently the grout wasn’t sealed and it slowly got to be a dirty dingy mess. I’ve made attempts several times to clean it, but with almost the entire house covered in it, I typically quit after about an hour with only 3 sq ft completed. It has gotten so bad recently that we’ve even contemplated bringing in the pressure washer and shop-vac (classy, right?). But today, I had an epiphany! I’ve seen a lot of Pinterest posts with homemade cleaners lately – typically using vinegar, baking soda, and other common household items. So I decided to play mad scientist. I mixed together equal parts baking soda and peroxide and poured it on my grout. I let it sit and get bubbly for about 10 minutes and then ran a toothbrush over it. It came off like a dream! Seriously – NO SCRUBBING! I’m now a woman on a mission. I’ve already been out to pick up more baking soda and peroxide and have some sitting on the kitchen floor as I type. I can’t wait to get through the whole house and then get the grout sealed up properly. I’ve never been so excited to clean! 

Before and After


 What area of cleaning do you struggle with? Do you have any secret weapons for cleaning around the house?



2 comments:

  1. I did it on my bathroom floor. It worked and these tiles are OLD! Can't wait to do the whole bathroom. I also used it on my glass top stove, worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. Seriously. I can't wait to try it in the morning!! My favorite cleaning thing is the homemade laundry detergent I've been using. It costs around $1 for 20 loads worth of detergent, and it's all natural! It works at least as well as store bought. I still need my Spray 'n Wash for the kids' stains, but I needed that with my store bought detergent, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete